Product Designer FootwearAt REV'IT!, we have a deep-rooted drive. We want motorcyclists to enjoy their passion to the fullest. To achieve that goal, we try to learn something new every day. From each other, from our customers, from our data and... maybe also from you.Are you the Product Designer Footwear that wants to design the future of protective footwear for motorcycle riders? One who can effortlessly blend style and safety into a beautifully executed result? If so, then this is the position for you.
|Job Title:||Product Designer Footwear|
|Location:||Oss, The Netherlands|
Feel free to apply in Dutch or English
What can you expect from us?
As a Product Designer Footwear at REV’IT!, your job will be to ensure that the riders look good (and stay safe), both on and off the motorcycle. To that end, you will be involved in every stage of the design process: From the creation of the line plane and first briefing and to the presentation of the final product to the Sales Teams.
You will do that in collaboration with your colleagues in Product Design and Product Development. Together, you will create contemporary products that fit seamlessly within the collection, but that also exceed all technical expectations.
That will require you to dive deeply into the details, and to devote considerable time and energy into every product entrusted to you and the rest of the team. The position offers some serious depth, but if you share our ambition, you’ll probably appreciate that level of perfectionism.
Additionally, the intensive, high-quality process will give you a great deal of satisfaction in your work; partly because of the opportunity to apply all your craftsmanship and creativity, and partly because your products will be part of a collection that inspires motorcycle riders around the world.
We’re happy to share our knowledge with you, especially when it comes to our priorities: Design, Performance, and Innovation.
Are you a critical thinker? Do you set high standards for yourself? And do you have the passion to go full throttle? Then joining our team is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
What does this mean in practice?
You will be part of a multi-faceted creative team that sets a high bar in every aspect of its work. Generally speaking, your job will entail the following:
- You will design the footwear collection and contribute to the concept for the entire collection. That means you’ll be closely involved in all stages of the design process.
- You will work intensively together with your Design colleagues and the Product Developer.
- You will brainstorm and elaborate on product innovations.
- You will analyze and select materials.
- You will create the designs through technical drawings.
- You will provide feedback on the design, the implementation, the fit, and the functionality of samples.
- You will record your findings and instructions in a clear, structural, and accurate manner.
- Throughout the process, you’ll focus on quality, fit, and price.
- You’ll immerse yourself in the latest trends in techniques and materials, and naturally apply these to your work.
- You’ll keep a close eye on the progress of the development process and monitor deadlines.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week, 32 hours negotiable). You’ll report to the Product Design Manager.
Are you our ideal candidate?
Just like us, you think motorcycle clothing is an essential product that gives riders freedom of personal expression and safety. You also strive to create garments that exceed the market’s expectations. We expect you to have the following qualifications:
- A relevant higher vocational or university education in the field of Product Design (such as the Design Academy or Academy of Arts).
- You have experience in footwear design, ideally in (sports) fashion or the outdoor industry.
- You’re enthusiastic about fashion, motorcycle clothing, and sport clothing.
- You are creative but also have an analytical mind.
- You are up-to-date regarding market trends in fashion and technology.
- You understand the interplay between fashion and technology.
- You have an eye for detail but can also think in terms of larger concepts.
- You are extremely persistent.
- You have an outspoken personality and you aren’t afraid to develop your own signature.
- You’re a team player and can hold your own in communication in English.
- You’re able to convincingly justify the story behind your design.
- You know your way around commonly used design software.
- You don’t mind traveling for work now and then.
But above all... you want to use your qualities to make a difference - and you show it!
Within REV’IT!, we embrace diversity. Currently, our team represents 15 different nationalities. Something we take great pride in! Because we work with so many different backgrounds to achieve our mission, our working language is English. That said, we are very proud of our Dutch roots. Should you be interested in one of the openings and prefer to apply in Dutch, then please don’t hesitate to do so.
Excited about the position and want to be a part of the REV'IT! team? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Click on 'apply now' and send your CV and letter of motivation via the application form.
We expect a lot from you in your work. But in return, we try to make sure you get a lot out of your life here. That means the support, responsibility, and resources to improve your work, grow professionally, and build a successful career.
But what good is any of that if you’re not enjoying yourself? We invest in creating an inspiring workplace, full of fun, respect, and camaraderie so that life at REV’IT! is always as enjoyable as it is successful.