The Discovery OutDry boots are designed for motorcyclists who need the stability and safety of off-road boots, the features and user-friendliness of a tour boot and the comfort of a trekking boot.
The Vibram® Apex Sole provides grip, stability and control, and the added multi density EVA layer absorbs shock while the anatomic foot bed makes the boot extremely comfortable. The clever Boa closure significantly reduces the weight of the boot and makes for a perfect fit with the simple turn of a knob. The laminated OutDry® membrane keeps feet dry and the reinforced areas offer topnotch protection without making any concessions to comfort. Sizes 38-47
- injected ankle cup
Heat is used to form this shin plate to the shape of the very vulnerable area, so it requires an exact, customized fit. The REV’IT! shin plate conforms exactly to your body for ultimate protection.
The SEESOFT™ protectors reduces the energy transmitted to your leg by the impact of rocks and other road debris that may strike you while riding.
The heel of the boot is reinforced for added safety. The rider won't notice it while wearing as the hard plastic has been heated to mold it into the perfect shape. The reinforced heel cup also contributes to a better posture of the foot.
The toe area of the boot has been reinforced with a thermoformed hard plastic toecap. Thermoformed means the plastic has been heated to model the perfect shape. The rider won't feel it this critical feature when wearing the boot, but will benefits from the added safety.
OutDry® uses a one-piece patented construction that creates a waterproof and surprisingly breathable barrier. This impenetrable layer is heat-bonded directly to the outer fabric, leaving no seams or gaps, and no way for water to get in. OutDry® technology ensures the outer fabric won’t pick up water while improving fit and dexterity, resulting in a lighter, more comfortable boot - and a drier foot.
- Cordura® 500D
Full grain leather is among the best quality leather you can buy. It can be made from a variety of different animal hides, but most usually is cowhide. Full grain leather is desirable because of its excellent breathability and durability. Additionally, with full grain leather, the hides of the animal need not be treated significantly. Like a pair of jeans, full grain leather clothing actually gets more comfortable the more you wear it, becoming softer and, some say, even more attractive as it ages.
Suede is a type of leather with a napped finish. Due to its texture and open pores, suede can absorb liquids quickly. We use suede as a visor wiper on our gloves, putting its absorbency to good use for keeping your field of vision clear.
The stretch panel at the calf is covered with a hook and loop pile fastener for an adjustable fit.
The unique Boa® closure system makes for a perfect fit, an extremely fast closure and a very light weight boot. Enter the shoe, push the knob to engage, turn it for the perfect fit, and pull up on the knob for a quick release. Once locked in place the Boa® reels and laces stay that way. Made from aircraft-grade stainless steel, Boa® laces are stronger per gram than tank armor.
The rubber abrasion edge minimizes damage from everyday use. Be it flying stones and dirt while riding or repeated wear from foot flexion—while crouching next to bike to check the oil, for example—the rubber edge safeguards the boot from damage.
To avoid torsion, the sole features a layer of polypropylene, while a reinforced polypropylene rib from the heel to the shank adds extra support for standing on the foot pegs. To ensure walking remains comfortable, the front end of the sole is equipped with grooves for flexibility.
A heavy-duty pull strap at the calf for ease of entry is made of a webbing that can handle the strongest of tugs.
The combined expertise of the Italian company Vibram® and our in-house developers led to the birth of the revolutionary Vibram® Apex sole. This sole has been specifically developed for adventure motorcycling but offers the comfort of a trekking boot. Its profile features one distinct area for traction, one for braking and one for stability. The surface of the sole is a bit larger providing more comfort while walking. The durable material and construction ensure this sole will last.
Part of the Vibram® Apex sole is the Multi-density EVA shock absorbing mid-sole. As the name indicates, this layer is added to reduce all energy caused by the impact of walking or riding transmitted to the foot and leg and is a great contributor to the comfort of the boots.
The TPU heel stabilizer allows for a construction where the entire sole can be extended in length and width offering more stability and resulting in a more comfortable boot for walking.
This open-loft three-dimensional mesh enhances the breathability of the boot. An addition layer of silver is added to kill bacteria when it oxidizes, keeping your boots smell free.
- anatomical shaped foot bed
The ankle area has been padded and reinforced for comfort, and to support proper foot position.
The comfort collar is added to products to offer more comfort in crucial places. An extra soft fabric is used for a cozy finish.
On the inside the tongue has been stitched to the sides to keep out wind, water and dirt.
- reinforced heel
- reinforced toe
- rubber gear shift pad
I have only had these boots for a month or so, but gave them a pretty good test just recently.
I rode my XRV750 to the Motorcycle Live 2017 show at the NEC. The journey there was in the late morning in November, and my first stop was for a coffee after about 20 minutes. Sat in Starbucks (other coffee shops are available) in my bike jeans and these boots and you almost wouldn’t know I was a biker (save for the leather jacket and helmet sat behind me). Back on the bike and an hour or so later I’m at the show and walking around. I didn’t take any shoes to change into, so spent the next 5 or so hours walking around the show in them.
I did a test ride of the Honda CRF1000L on the local streets and the boots felt fine on a strange machine. Back on foot and I walked over to the adventure exprience stand. I was booked in for a go on the DCT version of the Africa Twin. I had to take the boots off to get the Klim over trousers on and this was the first time I even noticed the boots. Rather than the ‘aahhh’ feeling that you normally get when you take off a big pair of boots like these, it was more ‘aawww’ like when you have to get out of your warm comfy bed on a cold morning.
Taking them off and putting them on was a breeze and off I went on the DCT around the off road circuit.
Job done, boots off and back on again in an instant, only to be told they had a last minute cancellation and would I like to have a gin on the KTM 1290 Adventure R. Would I?!
So boots off again and back on, easy peasy, and off I go on the 1290. Falling off a few times was par for the course, until disaster struck and I fell, getting trapped under the KTM behemoth by my left foot. Squashed between the bikes engine bars and the semi-soft ground, I didn’t even feel the bike on my foot. A KTM guy came over (thanks Harry from Desert Rose Racing) lifted the bike off my foot and together we got it back on its wheels and off I went.
Boots off and on a final time before the long walk back to the bike and the journey home. By this time the light was fading and it was getting colder. Heated grips on, but feet nice a cosy in these brilliant boots.
Comfortable - check
All day walking comfortable - check
Warm - check
Easy on and off - check
Protection - check
Only thing to note so far, I’m a 11 in most shoes but need a 46 in these to get them on with my normal motorcycle socks.
Yes, I recommend this product
Boots n Cats n Boots n cats n Boots n Cats n Boots......
Yeah, so I have been through MANY pairs of boots. Mostly wear F-D brand for track/road/adventure stuff, and have worn many different S brand boots as well. But I read good reviews about the Discovery OutDry, so I bought a pair. Wow.
The best things? Lightness, easy entry/exit, the Boa, and the clandestine styling. These wear like modern hiking boots, protect like tall enduro boots, are definitely creek/rain/splash-proof, and basically disappeared on my feet after 2 days. Comfortable, light, protective, waterproof, and fast/easy to get on/off. Great Vibram soles for wet/dirt/walking/riding. I can't imagine a better boot, and I've worn (too) MANY.
They are not inexpensive, but nothing worthwhile ever is. My knee/shin pads fit very well with these boots under my adventure suit pants.
These are my new go-to Adventure/dirt road do-anything boots. And they look normal under regular pants/jeans, too. Get the right fit, then just ride.
Totally recommend. Maybe I should try that Cayenne Pro suit for hot weather here in Texas??
Yes, I recommend this product
- zeer lichte laars
- zeer goede (loop) zool. Daar is echt aandacht aan besteed. Vibram is een merk dat groot is geworden door kwaliteit, niet (enkel) door marketing en dat merk je.
- smalle hak, brede voorkant (ruimte genoeg ter voorkoming van koude tenen) voor mensen met wandelschoenen ervaring: ze lijken een beetje op salamon bergschoenen: achterkant lijkt op dat van HANWAG, voorzijde is eerder MEIDL of NORTHFACE. Heb zelf een smalle hak, hoge wreef en smalle voorvoet. Ze passen me goed. Ga ze waarschijnlijk met 2 paar sokken dragen: beter voor transparantie en dus koude en warme omstandigheden.
- sluitingssysteem is een verademing (pas ze een keer, en wissel dan af met SIDI's of ALPINE boots dan snap je direct wat ik bedoel)
- zeer aangename loopschoen: afwikkeling, enkel rotatie, gewicht. Zou er een serieuze wandeltocht mee kunnen maken.
- vergelijkbaar met catogorie B/C wandelschoen. maar voelen lichter aan. Mijn bergschoenen zijn in opbouw nog wat stijver, qua zool is mijn wandelschoen veel stijver.
- bescherming enkel: waarschijnlijk goed voor een motorschoen, maar op basis van cat C wandelschoenen had ik eigenlijk een stijvere opbouw verwacht. Moet wel zeggen dat je met het sluitingssysteem de schoen zeer strak en stijf rondom onderbeen en enkel kunt fixeren. Dit creëert een enorme stijfheid (=veiligheid). ps. de meeste motorschoenen vallen mij eigenlijk vies tegen, beetje bergschoen (B/C) wint het met gemak, dus relatief gezien zal dit waarschijnlijk een zeer stevig motorlaars zijn.
- warmte: de laars is warm! Hij zal vast ademen, maar een waterdichte laars, Goretex of niet, is altijd warm. Talkpoeder (munt) tussen de teentjes en dan niet meer zeuren. En genieten als je warme en droge teentjes iedere stortbui of snijdende kou trotseren.
- gebruik lange sokken: er zitten wat labeltjes in die een beetje snijden/branden. Of indien je een casual broek onder je motorbroek draagt stop die dan in je laars.
- overall lijkt het me een duidelijk step-up in het adv boots segment. Alpine/Sidi laarzen (hoe vet ook) zijn bij lange na niet zo doordacht, comfortable en gebruiksvriendelijk als deze. Prijs is het wat mij betreft waard.
- voor REV'IT: mss is la sportive een inspirerend merk: http://www.lasportiva.com/en/boots-mountaineering-man
Yes, I recommend this product
First real waterproof Boot!
Drove 50.000km and still waterproof.
I have always been skeptic about waterproofing. Now I am a believer!
Yes, I recommend this product