Never use cleaning products that contain bleach, solvents or other chemical products. Nor should you use washing powder. Never scrub waterproof or breathable membranes. Do not expose waterproof or breathable membranes to intense heat or prolonged direct sunlight. Never dry your garments on the radiator or close to a heat source.
Always consult the wash and care label found inside your REV'IT! gear before washing. This set of instructions is leading over any other instructions given. If you are ever in doubt of how to properly maintain your gear, check the inner label.
- Before washing, remove all inner liners and armor
- Close all zippers and hook and loop fixtures to avoid damaging other fabrics on your garment
- Clothing equipped with GORE-TEX® membrane technology can be washed in the washing machine
- Your textile REV’IT! GORE-TEX® garments should be cleaned with the specially formulated REV’IT! TEXTILE WASH. This detergent gently removes stains without risk of damage to the membranes and breathable fabrics
- Machine wash on a warm permanent-press cycle (105º F/40º C) using a small amount of liquid REV’IT! TEXTILE WASH detergent (as mentioned on the bottle). Rinse twice, minimize spinning to reduce creasing.
- NEVER use powder detergents or any products that contain fabric softeners, conditioners, stain removers or bleach as they will affect garment performance
- Line dry your garment, or tumble dry it on a warm, gentle cycle. Once it is dry, tumble dry your garment for 20 minutes to reactivate the durable water-repellent (DWR) treatment on the outer fabric