Legal CounselAt REV'IT!, we have a deep-rooted drive. We want motorcyclists to enjoy their passion to the fullest. To achieve that goal, we try to learn something new every day. From each other, from our customers, from our data, and maybe also from you.Are you looking to make a step up in your legal career? Do you have the knowledge and ability to become the Legal Counsel for a global business? Then this opportunity is for you.
|Job Title:||Legal Counsel|
|Location:||Oss, The Netherlands|
Feel free to apply in Dutch or English
What can you expect from us?
It is absolutely non-negotiable that everything REV’IT! does strictly abides by all applicable laws and regulations. As we grow, getting that right becomes more complex. We now create more products than ever, have more partnerships than ever, and operate in more countries than ever.
This is where you come in. To take on that challenge. To help us protect our business, our brand, our people, our customers, our partners, and our industry.
This is your chance to make a big step in your career as you take the lead on all legal matters for REV’IT!. Through your skills and knowledge, you will help us to operate correctly at a global scale.
You’ll be surrounded by teams with the utmost respect for what you do and who will look to you for support and advice. You will be given the freedom, flexibility, and responsibility to take charge of this role and make the decisions you feel are needed.
What does this mean in practice?
You will be running all legal considerations for REV’IT! and so you will find your role broad and varied. One day you may be studying the details of a contract while on another you’ll be looking at the bigger picture, advising the business about how we may develop legally stringent processes for the future.
Your job will include:
- Being a source of timely and accurate advice on a variety of legal matters including; Intellectual property, labor law, partnerships (commercial contracts), international ventures, corporate finance, data protection, and corporate law.
- Being the first point of contact for specialized law firms across countries where REV’IT! does business.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts and agreements.
- Setting up and maintaining an organized contract system.
- Planning and implementing company-wide processes to reduce legal risks.
- Make sure REV’IT! is complying with all laws and regulations that apply to our business and products.
- Communicating with senior members of staff on all legal matters.
This is a part-time position (24 hours per week). You’ll report to the Managing Director.
Are you our ideal candidate?
We’re very much looking for a leader, not just to take charge of legal here at REV’IT!, but to actively guide and advise our business forward. You won’t just be crossing t’s and dotting i's, this is a role for someone who can also bring ideas and improvements across our organization as we adapt to future legislation. For those reasons, you’ll need a broad knowledge of law to be able to support each part of our business.
- A relevant master’s degree in law (for example, in corporate law).
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar legal counsel role.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant laws and procedures.
- The ability to stay constantly up to date on changes to legislation that may affect REV’IT! and the wider world of motorcycling.
- Strong arbitration and mediation skills.
- Strong communication skills in both English and Dutch.
Above all, you’re eager to take on bigger opportunities and more responsibility in your career and show what your skills and knowledge can really do.
Within REV’IT!, we embrace diversity. Currently, our team represents 15 different nationalities, which we take immense pride in. Because we work with so many backgrounds to achieve our mission, our working language is English. That said, we are very proud of our Dutch roots. Should you be interested in one of the openings and prefer to apply in Dutch, then please do so.
Are you excited about the position and want to be a part of the REV'IT! team? We are looking forward to hearing from you. Click on “apply now” and send your CV and letter of motivation via the application form.
We expect a lot from you in your work. But in return, we try to make sure you get a lot out of your life here. That means the support, responsibility, and resources to improve your work, grow professionally, and build a successful career.
But what good is any of that if you’re not enjoying yourself? We invest in creating an inspiring workplace, full of fun, respect, and camaraderie so that life at REV’IT! is always as enjoyable as it is successful.