Rhino DesignerAt REV'IT!, we have a deep-rooted drive. We want motorcyclists to enjoy their passion to the fullest. To achieve that goal, we try to learn something new every day. From each other, from our customers, from our data and... maybe also from you.Do you want to immerse yourself in the world of 3D? Do you have a sharp eye for design, but also the necessary technical and ergonomic know-how? Then you could be the new colleague that we are looking for!
|Job Title||Rhino Designer|
|Location||Oss, The Netherlands|
Feel free to apply in Dutch or English
What can you expect from us?
At REV’IT!, we make products that offer maximum protection when you need it the most. But we also believe that our clothing should make you look and feel amazing. So our products are state-of-the-art in their technology and their design; in fact, we are considered to be a benchmark for quality product design around the world.
As a Rhino Designer, you make an important contribution to maintaining that reputation. You will be part of two teams: Research & Innovation, and Design. Your most important task is to draft all of the hard components of our motorcycle clothing (3D components). That includes, for example, the sliders on the motorcycle suits, but also parts for technical shoes. The most important challenge in this work is the often complicated interplay between the hard parts and the textile. So you not only need a sharp eye for design, but also the necessary technical and ergonomic know-how.
The work will require you to become intimately familiar with all aspects of the 3D components. You will analyse, draft, and develop, while monitoring the quality of the product at every step of the process. But you will also be in control of a large part of that process yourself; from the initial idea to the finished product.
In short, this is literally and figuratively a ‘multi-faceted’ position, in which you can take some serious steps forward as a Rhino Designer.
What does this mean in practice?
You will join the Research & Innovation department and in close collaboration with the Design department you will be involved in the development and incorporation of 3D components in our collection.
This position will require quite a bit from you, both in general and in detail. In general, the work will entail the following:
- You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the look and feel of the 3D components in our collections (especially the hard components in the motorcycle clothing).
- To that end, you will produce high-quality 3D files.
- You will also communicate on these issues with other stakeholders: both internally and with the mould and component manufacturers.
- You will supervise and guide the process, from the initial analysis to the definitive 3D CAD drawings.
- During that process, you will ensure the technical feasibility of the designs.
- You will monitor the quality of the design, development, and production processes based on our strict quality standards and if necessary, you will perform mechanical tests in our in-house laboratory.
- You will report to the Research & Innovation Manager.
Are you our ideal candidate?
This is a multi-faceted position that requires craftsmanship as well as skilled guidance of all of the related tasks. We expect the following qualifications:
- You have a relevant university education or higher vocational education diploma (e.g.: Design Academy, IPO, or Mechanical Engineering).
- Ideally, you have 2-5 years of experience in a similar position.
- You have a good sense for design, ergonomics, and functionality.
- You have the required technical know-how.
- You know how to combine the hard parts with textiles and leather.
- You have extensive experience with Rhino (preferably in combination with SubD and Grasshopper).
- You are fully up-to-date with the latest technologies and materials for 3D components, and you can apply that knowledge in the development process.
- You have strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- You are a team player with an open attitude towards your surroundings.
- You are a multi-tasker, who can switch easily between the details and the big picture.
- You have strong verbal, written and visual communication skills, in both Dutch and English.
- You have no trouble meeting deadlines on your own.
But above all... you want to use your qualities to make a difference - and you show it!
Within REV’IT!, we embrace diversity. Currently, our team represents 15 different nationalities. Something we take great pride in! Because we work with so many different backgrounds to achieve our mission, our working language is English. That said, we are very proud of our Dutch roots. Should you be interested in one of the openings and prefer to apply in Dutch, then please don’t hesitate to do so.
Excited about the position and want to be a part of the REV'IT! team? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Click on 'apply now' and send your CV and letter of motivation via the application form.
We expect a lot from you in your work. But in return, we try to make sure you get a lot out of your life here. That means the support, responsibility, and resources to improve your work, grow professionally, and build a successful career.
But what good is any of that if you’re not enjoying yourself? We invest in creating an inspiring workplace, full of fun, respect, and camaraderie so that life at REV’IT! is always as enjoyable as it is successful.