To facilitate the best possible website experience and provide optimum service we process certain personal data. In this privacy statement you will find a clear explanation of the personal data that we process, the purposes for which we process data and the way in which we process it.
We would like to emphasize that this document shows that we handle the personal data of both our customers and our visitors to our online platform very securely. You can also read about how you can inspect, change or delete your own data. If you have any questions as a result of reading our privacy statement, please contact as via firstname.lastname@example.org.
REV’IT! eStore Europe B.V. and REV’IT! USA B.V. are divisions of REV’IT! Sport International B.V. In the rest of this privacy statement the companies will be referred to under the name REV’IT! REV'IT! thinks the reliable handling of personal data is of the greatest importance. We therefore process personal data with care. When carrying out the processing we adhere to the requirements set by the privacy legislation, and we secure the data that we store with appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any other form of unlawful processing.
That means, among other things, that we:
- clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do so via this privacy statement;
- restrict our collection of personal data to only the personal data that is necessary for our legitimate purposes;
- first ask you for your express permission to process your personal data in circumstances in which your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data, and also require this of parties that process personal data on our instructions; and
- respect your right to access, correct or delete your personal data at your request.
REV'IT! is the controller for the data processing. In this privacy statement we explain what personal data we collect and use, and to what purpose. We advise you to read it carefully.
1. Personal data
When you use our online platform (www.revitsport.com and www.revzone.eu) we acquire certain data from you. This can be personal data. We only retain and use the personal data that is directly given up by you, in the context of the service requested by you, or of which it is clear when it is given up that it is provided to us in order to be processed.
1.1 Your personal data
When you log in on our website, contact one of our employees, apply for a job or make a purchase in the webshop, we record the personal data provided by you in our database in order to be able to administer it, to contact you and to deliver your order.
To be able to make use of the services that we offer, a personal profile is created. A number of items of personal data are needed for the creation of this personal profile. For our business associates, we process the data that qualifies as personal data in the way explained in this privacy statement.
We strive to protect your personal data effectively, and when sending personal data we take account of the fact that the security of data that is sent via the internet cannot be fully guaranteed.
1.2 What we do with your data
- Processing and delivering your order. To deliver your order to you we use your name, address data, payment data and email address. With this data we keep you informed of the status of your order. We also forward the necessary data to third parties (such as the delivery service that has to deliver the order on our instructions to the address stated by you). The payment for your order takes place via a secure connection with our PSP (Payment Service Provider) Adyen. We do not see your payment data, but only receive a notification from Adyen of whether the payment has been successful.
- Your personal REV’IT! account. We store your data in your personal REV’IT! account, and you can change your data (such as the delivery address) yourself. You can also find an overview of your ordering history here, and it is possible to change your personal preferences, such as interests and newsletter subscriptions.
- Contact with our customer service department. In order to help you as well as possible we make use of your data (particularly your telephone number and email address) to help you with your questions when you contact our customer service department. Emails sent to the customer service department are linked to your data, so that we have all the information in your profile available. In this way you help us to improve the service and carry out analyses.
- REV’IT! newsletters. It is possible to subscribe to various newsletters from REV’IT! We can also send you personal emails on the basis of your online purchases. In addition, we use your email address and possibly your interests to send you newsletters that you have subscribed to.
- Reviews on revitsport.com. On our online platform it is possible to state your experience/opinion of a product. We only show your first name by the product in question. We collect all reviews in our review system.
- Preventing and combating fraud. We can use your customer data to investigate, prevent and combat fraud. If necessary, we provide customer data to the government. We also retain website visitors’ IP addresses in order to combat cybercrime.
- Statutory obligations. To fulfill our statutory obligations we are legally obliged to provide data on our customers to, for example, the Tax Administration.
- Marketing activities. To be of good service to you as a customer, we process data for marketing activities. For example, among other things, we can inform you of products and services by post, telephone or email. We also know what products you have bought from us. On the basis of this data we can make targeted offers. If you do not wish to be approached for marketing activities you can always contact us. You can find our contact details at the bottom of this privacy statement.
- Job applications. We process the contact details directly provided to us by you and information in the context of recruitment (such as your CV and other information in the context of the recruitment, and correspondence with us concerning job applications). In this way we can inform you of existing and future job vacancies and invite you for activities in connection with recruitment.
1.3 What data on you do third parties process?
To provide services, deliver articles and for other activities we are helped by third parties. Insofar as these third parties process your data on the instructions of REV’IT! they do this as processors. We would like to emphasize that your data is expressly not sold to third parties. All agreements, including those concerning security, confidentiality and your rights, are included in the processor agreements that we enter into with these third parties.
We work together with third parties that help us with the following services:
- Logistical and operational purposes, such as post processors, package delivery services and parties that help us with sending emails.
- Marketing services for the personalization of our shop and displaying relevant offers and advertisements on our website/in our app and the websites/apps of third parties. We use software for this, such as Google Adwords.
- Analysis services for analyzing data on your visit to and use of our shop. We use software for this, such as Google Analytics.
- IT services. For the maintenance and administration of our systems and storage of data.
- Research. Such as carrying out customer satisfaction research.
- We handle questions, complaints, repairs and guarantees in partnership with external parties and sometimes together with our suppliers. Data on questions, complaints, repairs and guarantees is then processed by these external parties.
- External parties who process our repairs.
- Collaboration with supervisory authorities, fiscal authorities and investigating authorities such as the police and the public prosecution service. We only provide data to these parties if we are legally obliged to do so.
- Social media parties. Social media buttons are included in our online platform. With these the administrators of these services collect your personal data. These partners are (partly) based outside of the EU.
1.4 What rights can you exercise in connection with your personal data?
You have a number of rights in connection with your personal data. We have listed these for you:
- Right to information
You have the right to a transparent explanation of how we handle your personal data and what rights you can exercise in this respect. In this privacy statement we have set out in detail what data on you we collect and how we handle your data.
- Right of access
You have the right to request access to the data we have available on you. You can request your data from us by sending an email to email@example.com or contacting our customer service department on +31 412 696710. We process requests within 30 days at the latest.
- Right of correction
You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or outdated and/or to have it supplemented if it is incomplete. You can request a change or update on your personal data from us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting our customer service department on +31 412 696710. We process requests within 30 days at the latest.
- Right to make an objection
You have the right to make an objection against the processing of your personal data if you do not agree to the way in which we process it. This right also applies to the data that we use for direct marketing. You can also ask us to no longer use your data for personalized recommendations on the website. You can arrange this yourself and change your email preferences in your account. You also have the possibility to unsubscribe from every digital newsletter you receive from us via a so-called “unsubscribe link”. This right also applies to other data on you that we use on the basis of legitimate interest. You can request a change or update on your personal data from us by sending an email to email@example.com or contacting our customer service department on +31 412 696710. We process requests within 30 days at the latest.
- Right of data portability
You have the right to receive data that you have given to us in the context of the agreement(s) you have entered into with us in a machine-readable format, so that you can store this data in your own or another party’s database. This concerns your name and address data and payment history. You can request your data from us (in a machine-readable format), change it, delete it or amend it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting our customer service department on +31 412 696710. We process requests within 30 days at the latest.
- Right to be forgotten/request for account to be deleted
You have the right to request us to delete all data we have on you. If you submit a request to delete your account, we delete data that is traceable to you, except the data that we must or may retain by law. You can request a change or update on your personal data from us by sending an email to email@example.com or contacting our customer service department on +31 412 696710. We process requests within 30 days at the latest.
- Right to submit a complaint
You have the right to submit a complaint concerning the way in which we handle your data. If you have a complaint we prefer to resolve it with you ourselves. You can request a change or update on your personal data from us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting our customer service department on +31 412 696710. We process requests within 30 days at the latest. Finally you have the right to refer your complaint to the Data Protection Authority.
1.5 Use of personal data online
We use your personal data for various purposes online. We have listed these for you.
Our website (www.revitsport) may contain advertisements.
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to record how visitors use our webshop. We have entered into a data processing agreement with Google to make agreements on how our data is handled. We also allow Google to use the acquired analytics information for other Google services. Finally, we have the IP addresses anonymized.
- Website optimization
In the case of website optimization, order handling, visitor statistics and historical purchase analysis for the purpose of relationship management, we retain your personal data for as long as necessary. We store your data on a local server in secure environment to which only authorized employees have access. This data is then deleted, unless there is a legal obligation that requires us to retain it for longer (such as the fiscal data retention obligation of seven years for payment data).
1.6Retention of personal data
In the case of recruitment for our job vacancies we retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to complete the recruitment process. If we reasonably expect to also have other interesting job vacancies for you in the near future, we retain your personal data for these purposes.
- Retention periods
- If you have not logged in with us for 7 years we delete all your data. You can also submit a request at any time to have your data deleted by sending an email to email@example.com or contacting our customer service department on +31 412 696710. We process requests within 30 days at the latest.
- We delete inactive customer accounts after 7 years. After this period we only use your data anonymously for internal reports.
- The Tax Administration requires that we retain our records with your invoice, payment and order data for 7 years. After this we only use anonymous data for internal reports. You must also carefully save the invoices of your purchases yourself, for example to see when your guarantee expires.
- If you have your product repaired or replaced by REV’IT! we retain your notification and contact data for 7 years. After this we only use your data anonymously for internal reports.
- If you have subscribed to a newsletter or have given permission to be sent personalized messages, we retain this permission for 7 years. Also if at a certain point you decide that you no longer want to receive a newsletter or personalized messages, we retain the withdrawal of your request. We do not retain the emails that you receive from us for longer than 60 days. So you do not have to worry about receiving the same email from us more than once. After this period we only use your data anonymously for internal reports.
- We retain data that we use to prevent fraud for a long period of time.
We take security measures to limit misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data.
2. Websites of third parties
This privacy statement is not applicable to websites of third parties that are connected with our webshop by means of links. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure way. We advise you to read the privacy statements of these websites before making use of them.
3. Changes in this Privacy statement
We reserve the right to make changes in this privacy statement. It is advisable to regularly consult this privacy statement so that you are aware of these changes.
4. Data protection authority
Naturally we will be happy to help you if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data. In accordance with the privacy legislation you also have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority against this processing of personal data. You can contact the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens for this.