The Women’s Adventure Team has always served as an extension of the REV’IT! mission: to inspire the global community to ride. We support our #revitriders to attend both events and ride the backcountry to show the world what is possible when a positive attitude meets determination and passion, regardless of one’s identity or any limitations.
This time, however, our friends at Harley-Davidson reached out us to task our group of female motorcycle explorers to try to define what it means to push one’s personal boundaries in search of adventure, and do it on the innovative H-D Pan America. This is their story…
- Amelia Nunn - Team member since 2017, adventure rider and dirt racer based in New Jersey.
- Erika Tango Bean - Team member since 2017, adventure touring rider based out of New York City by way of Arizona.
- Jenna West - Team member since 2018, adventure rider from Indiana.
- Select backcountry areas of Idaho, including legs of the ID Backcountry Discovery Route.
- Areas with both scenic passes and challenging technical terrain.
- The new Harley-Davidson Pan America adventure touring motorcycle.
- The REV’IT! Tornado 3 Ladies warm weather adventure riding suit.
- The Red Dot Award winning REV’IT! Expedition H2O adventure boots.
- The new Kriega x REV’IT! backpack/hydration pack collection.
- July 2021 - the height of the Idaho summer, in an area with +100F (37C+) heat waves and unpredictable weather conditions.
The Team sets off from Boise to the entry point of their IDBDR route from Pine, ID; each with their own personal obstacles to overcome: Amelia to learn to wrangle a larger bike off-road than she is accustomed to, Erika tackling the challenge of riding technical terrain, and Jenna on her first motorcycle camping experience.
Now deep in the Idaho backcountry, the Team breaks camp and sets off to tackle some of the most challenging riding of their journey yet. Along the way, they encounter fellow travelers on the trail, as well as unforeseen obstacles. After a long day, the riders reflect on their experiences... but Mother Nature still has a few surprises that night.
The Team wakes from camp early to a beautiful pine country morning; a serene start to a day full of challenges. Riding at altitude, river crossings, and tricky trail obstacles are just a few of the hurdles the women meet head-on with determination and teamwork on their side. On the last leg of the journey, the women open up their throttles on the Pan America to finish the trip, reflecting on three days of unforgettable experiences they shared.
Never miss an episode or any of the action. Follow us and the Women’s ADV Riding Team on Instagram.
You can also share on social media how you’ve stayed active in the ADV community by tagging @revit_adventure and using #WeADV.